Tag Archives: resources for paying for cancer treatment
I came across this blog post today…full of important information regarding resources to help pay for cancer treatment. The most heartbreaking experience I can imagine is knowing there may be options to cure or slow down the progression but not having the funds to do so. The blogger encouraged us to share the post so here it is in its entirety. Note, this is not specific to Northern New Mexico but can be accessed my anyone. Good Luck!
“Pets are our kids. We love them and want the best care possible if they get hurt. The best option is pet insurance but sometimes even that isn’t enough. Ever since I took the Schoep and John photo I get emails from wonderful pet owners who simply cannot afford an unexpected vet bill and need advice on where to look. There are a ton of resources out there, but the problem is finding them when you need them. I’m hoping this is a nice one stop resource for those who need it.
Unexpected medical expenses pop up at the most inopportune (ok – always at inopportune) times. It’s not a reflection of someone’s character if they’re not able to pay. Sometimes weird stuff just happens – and it’s usually right on top of a refrigerator breaking, needing new brakes, or something else ridiculously expensive.
If you cannot find a vet who will let you pay later or let you do a payment plan, there are options such as Care Credit In addition, if you don’t qualify for Care Credit, there are definitely other ways to fund care.
Want to raise all or a portion of your funds through donations? Many, but not all, online fundraisers take a small percentage to pay credit card fees, etc. Make sure you read the fine print.
- GiveForward (this is the one people used for my fundraiser when my husband passed away, and that I have now used for others). You pick an amount and a payout date and people can share and donate as they wish. http://www.giveforward.com/p/help-with-vet-bills
- YouCaring: https://www.youcaring.com/create-fundraiser.aspx
- PetCaring: http://www.petcaring.com/ (Division of YouCaring)
Emergency Vet Care Funds:
- Banfield: http://www.banfieldcharitabletrust.org/pet-owners/vet-care-assistance/
- BluePearl Vet Clinics – http://www.frankiesfriends.com/ – (LOVE Blue Pearl – that’s who Stewie went to in the Minneapolis/St Paul area)
Grants, food help, etc
- http://www.bigheartsfund.org/ (financial assistance for the diagnosis and treatment of canine and feline heart disease)
- http://www.browndogfoundation.org/ (prescription medications)
- http://caninecancerawareness.org/ cancer, dogs
- http://www.catsincrisis.org/ cats
- http://www.dccfund.org/ dogs and cats with cancer
- http://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html all animals
- http://www.imom.org/ all pets
- http://www.themagicbulletfund.org/ dogs with cancer
- http://www.themosbyfoundation.org/ dogs
- http://www.onyxandbreezy.org/ dogs and cats
- http://www.paws4acure.org/ dogs and cats
- http://www.petfoodstamps.org/aboutus/ pet food help
- http://www.petsofthehomeless.org/ pet food & vet care for homeless
- http://www.rosesfund.org/ all pets
- http://www.shakespeareanimalfund.org/ all pets
This list of emergency pet care funds is not guaranteed, nor do I endorse any of the companies/products/organizations/non profits listed. This list is also not a comprehensive list, and if you know of others, PLEASE list them in the comments below. I would appreciate it! I want to help as many people and pets as I can. I would also love it if you would share this on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or anywhere else you feel people would benefit from the information”
Diane & Mose
January 19, 2014